Curry is one of our personal favorites at Old Town Spice Shop! It consists of so many spices and colors, different textures, and a depth of flavor. This Sweet Potato Curry will be your new staple year round. But we think it’s perfect for cozy fall nights.
Spices featured in this recipe:
- 2 cups of white rice
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 2 big garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/4 cup sweet potato
- 1 can of chickpeas
- Olive oil
- 1 3/4 cup optional cooking cream or coconut milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp fresh grated ginger
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp paprika (120 AST)
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Sonoma sea salt
- Juice of 1 lime
- Cashew nuts and fresh coriander for garnishing (optional)
- Make the rice according to the package instructions.
- Finely chop onion and garlic, and cut your sweet potato in 1 cm cubes. Rinse off the chickpeas in cold water.
- Heat up oil in a stew pot and fry the onion and garlic until soft. Add the sweet potato and chickpeas.
- Add cooking cream and water and let boil for approxImately 10 minutes or until the sweet potato is soft.
- Add all spices, soy sauce, and lime juice. Combine together and let it simmer.
- Give it a taste and see if you want to add more salt, lime, or other spices. Serve with the rice and garnish with cashews and fresh coriander.
Save the recipe card below to make this later!